Pages

Saturday 12 February 2011

Re Rigging

After the crit on monday I realised how important the character performance was going to be, I thought keeping it limited was the way forward but it turns out its gonna be harder to do it like that which i dont mind but the setup machine rig I was planning on using doesnt fit what im after. Yes its a good rig and was useful for the tests but it needed a lot of persuading to do the things I wanted often with poor results so I figured rather than force it to work i'd go back and rig from scratch, therefore creating a custom rig for the character so it'll have what it needs and in setting it all up myself i'll have a better idea of whats going wrong later on. Probably not the smartest move seeing as ive not rigged a character before but here is the final (ish) rig, just need to add in some manipulators for the fingers to save going thro each joint individually and its there in full ik/fk glory... just hope the skinning goes as relatively painfree

No comments:

Post a Comment